David Rasmussen DMD, MD
Oral Surgeon in San Diego
Dr. Rasmussen grew up in Eastern Oregon and attended Boise State University (BS, 2005). He completed dental school at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry (DMD, 2009.) He then attended the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill School of Medicine (MD, 2011), completed a general surgery intern year (2013), and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency in 2015.
After residency, he served as the sole provider of maxillofacial surgical services for Naval Air Station Lemoore from 2015-2018. From 2018-2020 he served overseas as the Maxillofacial Surgeon for 3D Dental Battalion, Okinawa, Japan. He is currently serving as faculty with the oral and maxillofacial surgery residency training program at Naval Medical Center San Diego.
Dr. Rasmussen currently lives in San Diego with his wife and 3 children. He is board-certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and an active member of the American Medical Association, American Dental Association, and American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery | 2017- current
- California State Dental Board Licensure (active and unrestricted) | 2015 – current
- North Carolina Medical Board Licensure (active and unrestricted) | 2013 – current
- Idaho State Dental Board Licensure (inactive) | 2009 – current
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery | Active
- American Medical Association | Active
- American Dental Association | Active